Thank you for purchasing the Joey's Garden® expandable Hose!
Our hose actually expands up to three times its size when the water is turned on, and then retracts back to its original size when the water it turned off. In addition to that it is very lightweight, which makes it a pleasure to use!
In order for you to enjoy the Joey's Garden® hose to the utmost, there are a couple of instructions you need to follow. Please review them carefully before using your hose.
- Before first use make sure that the rubber washer fits securely inside the female coupling. This will prevent leaking.
- Attach the female end to the water source.
- Turn the on/off valve to OFF position.
- Turn the water on at the source. Gradually increase the water pressure. Your hose will automatically expand up to three times its size. We would recommend you to first fill and extend hose, thereby stretching it to release tightness in the outer folded material. After that release water and fill for normal use.
- When the hose is fully expanded, turn the on/off valve to the ON position. You can now enjoy your Joey's Garden® hose like an ordinary hose.
- When finished turn the water off at the source spigot.
- Allow the water to drain by turning the on/off valve to the ON position. If your using a nozzle then open the nozzle. As the water begins to drain, the hose will automatically contract back to its original size.
IMPORTANT- this hose is intended for routine watering application
- Do not run hot water in this hose
- Do not leave the water ON and the hose under pressure when not in use
- Drain your hose in the summer when it is not in use and keep it shaded as much as possible
- Protect your hose from harsh winter weather by storing it indoors. Be sure to drain the hose completely before storage as water remaining in the hose may freeze and damage it.
Important instructions when using your expandable hose with a sprinkler:
- Position the on/off valve at the end of the hose to be set OFF.
- Turn the water on at the water source, and your Joey's Garden® hose will expand to its maximum length. We would recommend you to first fill and extend the hose, thereby stretching it to release tightness in the outer folded material. After that release water and fill for normal use.
- Attach your sprinkler to the on/off valve.
- Place your sprinkler in the desired area.
- Point the sprinkler nozzle away from you, turn the on/off valve to the on position and walk away. Your sprinkler will work the same way it does with an ordinary hose.
- Note: if you are using a sprinkler that is not attached to the ground,( such as an oscillating sprinkler) when turning the water OFF your sprinkler might be dragged a short distance as the hose will contract back to its original size. This should not harm your hose or sprinkler.